London Cab Parking London Cab Parking

The bad: Music is too repetitive (not to mention "Taxi!"), not always clear what you can pass under/over and what causes damage. Nothing particularly new or interesting

The good: It's fine. It works.

If you're looking for "meh" and like parking type games ... sure. Go for it.

Don't Escape Don't Escape

Very good. Just a heads up, I did everything right except for one thing (the method of taking the potion) and somehow got all 5 medals?

Skunk Meat Skunk Meat

I *do* like adventure games like this ... but it was just too dull. Very little changes at any point in the game. Same randomly generated scenarios, same music, same options, same ... zzzz

But what is here is well-executed. So props for that.

Mystical Mountain Mystical Mountain

I can't say that I've listened to a majority of NG tracks or anything, but what I have heard ... I think this is the best orchestral piece I've heard on NG by some distance. Maybe it's just bias because I've heard you most recently, I don't know. But you're blowing me away, dude. I think you have a serious career ahead of you-- don't give up man.

Ode to the Reader Ode to the Reader

I give 5/5 when I can think of any negatives to point out. And I can't. I hear what the judges are saying about randomness and lack of complexity ... but I think that's a bit hogwash in both cases. Complexity for the sake of showing "Ooh look, I can put in a diminished 13th and get away with it!" doesn't necessarily add anything to a musical piece (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. For the sake of the competition, that's potentially another thing, but my original statement stands. And who cares about winning competitions? It's all about making good music, right? ... Right? :P). I think the sudden rapid-fire transitions (or lack of transitions) also fit in with the often frantic feeling of the piece, and ditto for the abrupt ending. If anything, the nice beginning doesn't fit with the rest of the piece, but there you moved us there gradually at first, so it's fine.

There can be such a thing as a soundtrack piece without there being an actual thing that is being set to music (composers have done it for centuries before movies existed), and I think that's what you have here. And that it is very good.

Coin and Haggle Coin and Haggle

Dude ... just ... dude. This belongs in a game. Like, yesterday. The little effects (coins dropping, etc) add a really cool ambience, and overall just a beautifully written, mixed, performed, everything little tune. Very very nicely done.

MichaelJ responds:

Thank you, skyood. I'm really happy to hear that. I'm glad you liked it!